Afnic has renewed its annual survey on the quality of its services, carried out by the INIT company, in which 105 registrars participated in 2013.
With respect to Afnic’s quality of service and public image, the survey indicated:
- A net increase in Afnic’s overall satisfaction rating, rising from around 8/10 in 2012 to 8.2/10 in 2013;
- An overall satisfaction level of 99% (against 97% in 2012);
Major strengths highlighted by this survey show that Afnic is perceived as an organization that:
- can be trusted (99% of respondents agreed);
- is professional (98%);
- is customer-focused (94%);
Areas for improvement indicated by customers for the coming year include:
- setting up new services: Registry Lock, Multi-Year Registration, etc.
- making more communication, training and promotional tools available to customers (presence at trade fairs, etc.)
- more interaction on new areas for economic development represented by the new gTLDs, etc.
Afnic would like to take this opportunity to thank all the registrars who participated in the survey.
Afnic is the acronym for Association Française pour le Nommage Internet en Coopération, the French Network Information Centre. The registry has been appointed by the French government to manage domain names under the .fr Top Level Domain. Afnic also manages the .re (Reunion Island), .pm (Saint-Pierre and Miquelon), .tf (French Southern and Antarctic Territories), .wf (Wallis and Futuna) and .yt (Mayotte) French Overseas TLDs.
In addition to managing French TLDs, Afnic’s role is part of a wider public interest mission, which is to contribute on a daily basis, thanks to the efforts of its teams and its members, to a secure and stable internet, open to innovation and in which the French internet community plays a leading role. As part of that mission, Afnic, a non-profit organization, donates 90% of its profits to its Foundation for Digital Solidarity. Afnic is also the back-end registry for the companies as well as local and regional authorities that have chosen to have their own TLD, such as .paris, .bzh, .alsace, .corsica, .mma, .ovh, .leclerc and .sncf.
Established in 1997 and based in Saint-Quentin-en-Yvelines, Afnic currently has 80 employees.