As a user of the website (“user”), you are informed that Afnic uses trackers, devices that electronically access information stored in your terminal or leave information on it (“cookies”).
The “Cookie Settings Tool” available on this page allows you to give or withdraw your consent at any time, either overall (see “Preferences for all services”), or by tracker purpose.
The cookies used by Afnic are of three types:
- Cookies necessary to the functioning of the website,
- Cookies used for non-intrusive audience measurement
- Cookies allowing content hosted by a third party to be read.
These cookies are stored or read without seeking your prior consent since their sole purpose is to allow or facilitate communication by electronic means or, if strictly necessary, to provide a service expressly requested by the user.
The following cookies are concerned:
- The WP-WPML_CURRENT_LANGUAGE cookie records the language chosen by the user. No personal data are read or recorded. This cookie ensures that pages are consistently shown in the right language.
- The MATOMO – OPTOUT:PIWIK_IGNORE cookie is installed when the user decides to deactivate the Matomo audience measuring tracker. This cookie remembers the user’s choice not to be tracked.
- The TARTEAUCITRON cookie registers the user’s decision whether or not to activate cookies on the site. No personal data are read or recorded. It remembers the user’s choice regarding the authorisation of cookies.
It is not possible to provide detailed up-to-date information on these settings, which are under the exclusive control and authority of browser publishers. Users may obtain additional information from:
- the publishers of their browser on their website;
- more generally from the website of the CNIL, the French Data Protection Agency, at www.cnil.fr.
Users are informed that such deactivation could partially or totally prevent the use of certain website functionalities.
Non-intrusive audience measurement cookies
This tracker measures the audience of our website in a non-intrusive manner that respects privacy. It is stored by default upon arrival at the website. The tracker concerned is:
o COOKIES MATOMO – (_pk_id and _pk_ses): to measure the audience and your activity in order to know which pages are consulted and which functions are used on our website. To do this, the cookies are installed for 13 months for the_pk_id and 30 minutes for the _pk_ses. They collect the following data:
- For each connection, the system records: Whether or not the audience measuring cookie is activated – The browsing data (when the cookie is activated).
- For each page consulted, the system keeps a historical record of the browsing data: Referrer, Pages viewed, Exit page, Date and time, Browser used, Device used, User’s country via browser data, actions performed.
This tracker is implemented following the recommendations of the CNIL, namely:
- Users are immediately informed of the presence of this tracker;
- Users may object at any time, without consequences for the use of the functionalities of the website, via the Cookie Settings Tool which is available at all times on this page;
- The data collected are not cross-checked with other processing procedures;
- The cookie installed serves only for the production of anonymous statistics and does not allow browsing of different websites to be monitored;
- The cookie is not stored for more than 13 months and this period is not extended or renewed for repeat visits;
- Gross traffic data are not associated with any identifier;
- There is no geolocation using the IP address.
For certain videos posted on our website, Afnic relies on the third-party services of YouTube.
The YOUTUBE cookies: GEUP, PREF, VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE and YSC are installed directly by YouTube when the user wishes to view videos hosted on this platform.
On your first visit to our website, a banner informs you of the presence of these cookies and asks you to indicate your choice. These cookies are not installed if you do not indicate a choice and continue browsing.
These cookies are installed with your consent, expressed by selecting “AUTHORISE” in the Cookie Settings Tool or if you authorise them to launch a video.
Users can find out what cookies are used and configure them at any time using the Cookie Settings Tool.