This important event for players on the French domain name market is organized by SafeBrands/Mailclub.
8 round tables and 2 days of conferences
… To approach domain name issues from three angles: legal, marketing, and technical.
Wednesday 19 November 2014
Frédéric Guillemaut – Elected member of the AFNIC Board of Directors, MD of SafeBrands/Mailclub
- 8.45 am: Welcome breakfast
- 9.30am: Welcome address by Frédéric Guillemaut, Associate Director of SafeBrands/Mailclub
- 9.45am: Debates on the following themes:
- 9.45am : NewgTLD / ccTLD : market overview and evolution – Mathieu Weill, CEO at Afnic
- 10.15am : Debate on Icann transition and Internet governance – Mathieu Weill / Jean-Jacques Sahel, European VP at Icann
- 10.45am: Creating a market – Amy Repp, head of marketing at Donuts
- 11.00am: The next rounds of NewgTLDs – Frédéric Guillemaut
- 11h10-12.30pm : Round table: Naming in 2020 – Bertrand de la Chapelle / Amy Repp / Mathieu Weill / Jean-Jacques Sahel / Philippe Rodhain, lawyer
Facilitator: Sébastien Almiron, Senior Domain Name Strategist – SafeBrands
- 2.15pm: Gtlds – cctlds – NewGTLDs: 3 types of extensions for 3 users – Sébastien Almiron (SafeBrands) and Francesco Cetraro (Afilias)
- 2.40pm: What is a naming charter, its purpose, how to put one together – Sébastien Almiron (SafeBrands)
- 3.00pm: Example of a strategy and sharing experiences- Philippe Rodhain (Lawyer) and Bertrand Réalini (Domain name manager BNP Paribas)
- 3.15pm: TMCH and DPML: proof of use, choosing the marks to protect, etc. – Sébastien Almiron and Amy Repp (Donuts)
- 3.30pm: The specific case of Corp/BrandTLDs – Bertrand Réalini (BNP-Paribas)
- 3.50pm: Social networks « usernames »: strategy and security – Sébastien Almiron (SafeBrands)
- 4.15pm: Pause
- 4.30pm to 6.00pm: Domain name securit, types of attacks, how to protect yourself – Florian Maury (ANSSI), David Saussinan (Unifab), Stéphane Bortzmeyer (Afnic), Jimaan Sane (Beazley)
Thursday 20 November 2014
- 8.30 am: Welcome breakfast
- 9.00am: Marketing opportunities from the new extensions
- Referencing and NewGTLDs
- The NewGTLDs: implications for the domain name secondary market
- Is domaining dead?
- 11.00am: Accounting valuation of a portfolio of domain names
- Guillaume Pahud – Groupe Richemont – CorpTLDs Manager
- Sophie Pieck – Sedo – Country Manager France/Italie
- Matthias Meyer-Schönherr – Sedo – Vice-President in charge of business development for Europe and Asia-Pacific
- Stéphanie Maury – Cabinet Stéphanie Maury
- Franck Maquinay – SEO.fr – CEO
- Nicolas Chabert – Perfeo – CEO
- 2.30–5.00pm: Monitoring, analysing, reacting
- Setting up monitoring and analysing the results
- Recovery strategies, their effectiveness and cost – an overview of claims, UDRP, URS
- Worldwide on-line monitoring of potential infringements of your trademarks:
- Domain names
- Social networks
- Adwords campaigns
- 5.30pm: Conclusion of the 4th International Domain Name Conference
- Matthieu Aubert – Legal Manager – SafeBrands / Mailclub
- David Tayer – Lawyer – Witetic Avocats
- David Saussinan – Legal Manager – Unifab (Union des fabricants)
- Floriane Duel – Legal Counsel, Rapporteur in dispute resolution system Syreli – Afnic
- Chef d’Escadron Bruno Tirelli – Commander at the French “Gendarmerie Nationale” (unit of the French Army), Head of the Intelligence Bureau of the Alsace Region of the Gendarmerie, in charge of Business Intelligence
Further information and Registration
- Address: Forum de Grenelle, 5 rue de la Croix-Nivert, Paris 15ème, France.
- Participation is free but registration required.
Afnic is the acronym for Association Française pour le Nommage Internet en Coopération, the French Network Information Centre. The registry has been appointed by the French government to manage domain names under the .fr Top Level Domain. Afnic also manages the .re (Reunion Island), .pm (Saint-Pierre and Miquelon), .tf (French Southern and Antarctic Territories), .wf (Wallis and Futuna) and .yt (Mayotte) French Overseas TLDs.
In addition to managing French TLDs, Afnic’s role is part of a wider public interest mission, which is to contribute on a daily basis, thanks to the efforts of its teams and its members, to a secure and stable internet, open to innovation and in which the French internet community plays a leading role. As part of that mission, Afnic, a non-profit organization, has committed to devoting 11% of its Revenues from managing .fr Top Level Domain to actions of general interest, in particular by transferring €1.3 million each year to the Afnic Foundation for Digital Solidarity.
Afnic is also the back-end registry for the companies as well as local and regional authorities that have chosen to have their own TLD, such as .paris, .bzh, .alsace, .corsica, .mma, .ovh, .leclerc and .sncf.
Established in 1997 and based in Saint-Quentin-en-Yvelines, Afnic currently has nearly 90 employees.