Designed for players in the e-commerce market, from decision-makers to project backers, the Paris E-Commerce Trade Fair is the largest European exhibition devoted to the e-commerce and cross-channel markets. For the 10th edition of the show and for the first time, Afnic will be holding a stand (F74) and hosting two solutions workshops. Entitled “Choosing your domain name: the communication and innovation issues involved,” the solutions workshops have been designed so that Afnic can provide e-commerce players with advice about best practices in the strategy for their online presence.
Gandi, 1&1 and Ikoula, accredited registrars, will be present at the show on the Afnic stand, in particular to advise e-commerce players on how to manage their portfolios of domain names.
To find out more:
- To meet Afnic representatives, please visit stand F74. Gandi will be present on 24/09, 1&1 on 25/09 and Ikoula on 26/09
- The two solutions workshops hosted by Afnic and entitled “Choosing your domain name: the communication and innovation issues involved” will be held on the following dates and times:
– September 25 from 16:15 to 17:00, Room 3
– September 26 from 10:45 to 11:30, Room 3
- For more information on the Paris E-Commerce Trade Fair, held on 24, 25 and 26 September 2013 at Porte de Versailles (Paris)
Afnic is the acronym for Association Française pour le Nommage Internet en Coopération, the French Network Information Centre. The registry has been appointed by the French government to manage domain names under the .fr Top Level Domain. Afnic also manages the .re (Reunion Island), .pm (Saint-Pierre and Miquelon), .tf (French Southern and Antarctic Territories), .wf (Wallis and Futuna) and .yt (Mayotte) French Overseas TLDs.
In addition to managing French TLDs, Afnic’s role is part of a wider public interest mission, which is to contribute on a daily basis, thanks to the efforts of its teams and its members, to a secure and stable internet, open to innovation and in which the French internet community plays a leading role. As part of that mission, Afnic, a non-profit organization, donates 90% of its profits to its Foundation for Digital Solidarity. Afnic is also the back-end registry for the companies as well as local and regional authorities that have chosen to have their own TLD, such as .paris, .bzh, .alsace, .corsica, .mma, .ovh, .leclerc and .sncf.
Established in 1997 and based in Saint-Quentin-en-Yvelines, Afnic currently has 80 employees.