Figures from the overall assessment of the .FR in 2016
- The growth of the .FR was higher (+0.9 points) than the average for the 28 ccTLDs of the European Union from 2011 to 2016. It should be noted that this growth was only slightly affected by the waves of domain name registrations by holders located in China in 2015, and has remained relatively stable.
- The market share of the .FR in France in 2016 stood at around 35%. This proportion has been stable since 2011.
- Growth in creations under the .FR in 2016 was higher than forecast (+ 2.2%) or 627,000 new registrations under the .FR over the year.
- The share of foreign holders of .FR domain names is steadily increasing since 2011 and reached 7.5% in 2016. Foreign holders are mainly located in Germany (64,000 .FR), and in the Netherlands and the UK (30,000 .FR).
- The proportion of multi-year registrations under the .FR (possible for up to 10 years since March 2015) reached 7.3% of the .FR at 31/12/2016, with a total of 220,000 domain names involved.