Afnic has renewed its annual survey on the quality of its services, carried out by the INIT company, in which 137 registrars participated at the end of 2012.
Regarding Afnic’s quality of service and public image, the survey indicated:
- A net increase in Afnic’s overall satisfaction rating: it increased from around 7.4/10 in 2011 to 8/10 in 2012;
- An overall satisfaction level of 97% (against 92% in 2011);
- That the Registry for the .fr TLD is perceived as an organization that is:
Major Afnic strengths highlighted by the registrars included:
- The Customer service (phone, mail or account managers) including every feature (quality of response, time, availability of account managers) was very popular with an overall score of 9.4/10;
- particularly suitable registration interfaces;
- The quality of information available to registrars on the Afnic site: the satisfaction on this point was 90% in 2012 against 77% in 2011.
The survey highlighted the following areas for improvement:
- On-going progress in terms of ergonomics and ease of finding information on the Afnic website;
- Better interfaces for of non-automated operations in terms of ergonomics while maintaining effective controls;
- Better integration of customer diversity.
Afnic would like to take this opportunity to thank all the registrars who participated in the survey.
Afnic is the acronym for Association Française pour le Nommage Internet en Coopération, the French Network Information Centre. The registry has been appointed by the French government to manage domain names under the .fr Top Level Domain. Afnic also manages the .re (Reunion Island), .pm (Saint-Pierre and Miquelon), .tf (French Southern and Antarctic Territories), .wf (Wallis and Futuna) and .yt (Mayotte) French Overseas TLDs.
In addition to managing French TLDs, Afnic’s role is part of a wider public interest mission, which is to contribute on a daily basis, thanks to the efforts of its teams and its members, to a secure and stable internet, open to innovation and in which the French internet community plays a leading role. As part of that mission, Afnic, a non-profit organization, has committed to devoting 11% of its Revenues from managing .fr Top Level Domain to actions of general interest, in particular by transferring €1.3 million each year to the Afnic Foundation for Digital Solidarity.
Afnic is also the back-end registry for the companies as well as local and regional authorities that have chosen to have their own TLD, such as .paris, .bzh, .alsace, .corsica, .mma, .ovh, .leclerc and .sncf.
Established in 1997 and based in Saint-Quentin-en-Yvelines, Afnic currently has 80 employees.