On February 26, 2013, the main stakeholders in the French Community of domain names were invited by Afnic for a meeting with Fadi Chehadé, ICANN’s CEO.
For those who missed the event, a video summarizes some the meeting’s highlights:
- Fadi Chehadé – speaking an impeccable French – discussed:
– the importance of domain names today,
– the opportunities represented by the new gTLDs,
– the role of ICANN,
– Internet governance.
- Mathieu Weill, CEO of AFNIC, then focused on the commitment of the registry for the .fr TLD to facilitate relations between the French Internet community and ICANN.
- Finally, Sébastien Bachollet, member of the ICANN Executive Committee, highlighted the interest of a meeting between ICANN and Afnic for Internet users.