The 3rd edition of the Afnic Registrar Day was held on 30 May in Marseille and on 6 June in Paris. Some fifty participants came to the two venues in order to:
- learn more about Afnic, its Customer Service and its Account Managers;
- go over a summary on Afnic news since the last Registrar Day session in 2012;
- learn more about the issues and opportunities involved in the new gTLDs;
- discover the .fr image strategy for the next promotional campaign;
- review the joint information program for registrars;
- discover the DNSSEC promotion campaign;
- exchange ideas on the opening of domain names with 1 and 2 characters and the new Experts WIPO ADR (Alternate Dispute Resolution);
- express their technical needs for the following year;
- discover the new domain management portal (extranet)
- take part in a round-table with the registry representatives for the .paris, .bzh, .alsace and .aquitaine geoTLDs.
The fifty participants particularly appreciated the accessibility of their account managers and the possibility to meet the different Afnic departments during a face-to-face meeting session. The topics expected for the next edition of the Afnic Registrar Day include the convergence opportinties between .fr and the new gTLDs operated by Afnic, a summary of the 2013 joint information program and the promotional actions for the .fr TLD…
Watch the video of the Registrar Day in Paris :
Close-up photos of the 2 Registrar Day on our social network channels :
Marseille – 30 May 2013
Paris – 6 June 2013
Afnic is the acronym for Association Française pour le Nommage Internet en Coopération, the French Network Information Centre. The registry has been appointed by the French government to manage domain names under the .fr Top Level Domain. Afnic also manages the .re (Reunion Island), .pm (Saint-Pierre and Miquelon), .tf (French Southern and Antarctic Territories), .wf (Wallis and Futuna) and .yt (Mayotte) French Overseas TLDs.
In addition to managing French TLDs, Afnic’s role is part of a wider public interest mission, which is to contribute on a daily basis, thanks to the efforts of its teams and its members, to a secure and stable internet, open to innovation and in which the French internet community plays a leading role. As part of that mission, Afnic, a non-profit organization, donates 90% of its profits to its Foundation for Digital Solidarity. Afnic is also the back-end registry for the companies as well as local and regional authorities that have chosen to have their own TLD, such as .paris, .bzh, .alsace, .corsica, .mma, .ovh, .leclerc and .sncf.
Established in 1997 and based in Saint-Quentin-en-Yvelines, Afnic currently has 80 employees.