Afnic, the association that manages .fr domain names, launched the Afnic Forum for a trustworthy Internet in July, the first series of debates and awareness-raising on tackling online abuse. Following its first round table on the handling of cases of abuse during the COVID-19 crisis, Afnic will be running an online workshop on Thursday 24 September that will look at how to protect domain names against and react in response to abuse.
Cybersquatting, identity theft, fraud, phishing, illegal content, infringement of intellectual property rights, personality, etc. These abuses penalise people, businesses and institutions, sometimes seriously. The Afnic legal team and their guest, Matthieu Aubert, Head of Advisory and Strategy at SafeBrands, will be giving a joint overview of the procedures and actions in place to prevent and deal with abuse.
- Keynote speech, presentation of Afnic and the Forum by Pierre Bonis, CEO of Afnic
- Cybersquating: how to protect your brand?’, Floriane Duel, Legal expert, Syreli rapporteur for Afnic
- ‘Prerequisites for a product launch or name change: pitfalls to avoid’, Matthieu Aubert, Advisory and Strategy Director at SafeBrands
- ‘Public authorities: protecting citizens and defending your name’, Floriane Duel, Legal expert, Syreli Rapporteur for Afnic
- ‘Fast action in the event of identity theft’ and ‘CEO/BEC fraud: effective protection’, Nathalie Boulvard, Legal expert, DPO, Syreli rapporteur for Afnic
- ‘Is it possible to register a domain name with the sole purpose of selling it on?’, Marianne Georgelin, Head of Legal Affairs, Afnic