Held in the premises of Télécom Paris Tech, the open day of the Afnic Scientific Council has attracted some sixty representatives of the French Internet community. Structured in two parts with a tutorial in the morning and a seminar in the afternoon, the event was also covered by a live Webcast.
See the agenda for the Afnic Scientific Council’s Open Day
See the Webcast of the Afnic Scientific Council’s Open Day
See the photos of the Afnic Scientific Council’s Open Day
See the tutorial presentation by Stephane Bortzmeyer (morning session)
See the seminar presentations of the Afnic Scientific Council’s Open Day (afternoon sessions)
- 01 Laurent Toutain (Télécom Bretagne, Chair of the AFNIC Scientific Council): Presentation of the AFNIC Scientific Council
- 02 Florent Chabaud (DGSSI, Ministry of Defense): The organization of resilience
- 03 Daniel Karrenberg (RIPE-NCC): Some thoughts about vulnerabilities and resilience of the Internet today
- 04 François Contat & Guillaume Valandon (ANSSI) and Stéphane Bortzmeyer (AFNIC): 2011 results of the Internet Resilience Observatory in France
- 05 Frank Simon (France-IX): The resilience of the Internet as seen by an operator of a French Internet exchange point
- 06 Alexandre Clame (INIT Marketing) and Mohsen Souissi (AFNIC): Presentation of the work coordinated by the AFNIC Scientific Council: results of the “Technology Backdrop” survey – 2nd Live-tweet
See the transcription of the live tweet on the AFNIC Scientific Council’s Open Day on hashtag # JCSA
Afnic is the acronym for Association Française pour le Nommage Internet en Coopération, the French Network Information Centre. The registry has been appointed by the French government to manage domain names under the .fr Top Level Domain. Afnic also manages the .re (Reunion Island), .pm (Saint-Pierre and Miquelon), .tf (French Southern and Antarctic Territories), .wf (Wallis and Futuna) and .yt (Mayotte) French Overseas TLDs.
In addition to managing French TLDs, Afnic’s role is part of a wider public interest mission, which is to contribute on a daily basis, thanks to the efforts of its teams and its members, to a secure and stable internet, open to innovation and in which the French internet community plays a leading role. As part of that mission, Afnic, a non-profit organization, donates 90% of its profits to its Foundation for Digital Solidarity. Afnic is also the back-end registry for the companies as well as local and regional authorities that have chosen to have their own TLD, such as .paris, .bzh, .alsace, .corsica, .mma, .ovh, .leclerc and .sncf.
Established in 1997 and based in Saint-Quentin-en-Yvelines, Afnic currently has 80 employees.