The new Day of the Afnic Scientific Council will invite scientific and technical experts to discuss the theme: “Digital protection: Are we really prepared?
The Afnic Scientific Council invites you to come and learn more about research projects and ongoing projects around this technical and societal issue. Over and above their diversity, the 3 work topics of the day – Post-Quantum, developments in the DNS infrastructures, digital inclusion – will make it possible to address current and future challenges in terms of digital protection.
Among the highlights of the day:
- “The stakes of post-quantum, standardization and integration” by Ludovic Perret, Associate Professor, Sorbonne University, CNRS, INRIA, Paris 6 Computer Science Laboratory, LIP6, POLSYS Team.
- “NIST standardization processes and latest developments, in particular code-based cryptography” by Magali Bardet, Senior Lecturer. LITIS Laboratory Head of the ISS Master’s Degree course at the Science and Technology Training and Research Unit (UFR) in Rouen.
- “For an orderly transition to post-quantum cryptography: ANSSI recommendations” by Henri Gilbert, Head of the cryptography team at the French National Agency for the Security of Information Systems (ANSSI).
- “The DNS protocol and developments in the infrastructures of the DNS-SD service: general presentation and use cases” by Antoine Bernard, Research Engineer Telecom SudParis, PhD student at Afnic.
- “DNS over HTTPS (DoH), general presentation and issues around adoption” by Stéphane Bortzmeyer R&D Engineer, Afnic.
- “Inclusion, protection, regulation: thoughts on digital technology”, a round table facilitated by Alexandre Tisserant, CEO of Kinéis (CLS Group) and coordinator of the June 2019 issue of “Enjeux Numériques”: “Digital technology and life in society”.
July 3, 2019
Université Paris Descartes
45 rue des Saints-Pères 75006 Paris
09:30 am to 5:30 pm
Workshop in French.
Take part in the discussion: #JCSA19
Afnic is the acronym for Association Française pour le Nommage Internet en Coopération, the French Network Information Centre. The registry has been appointed by the French government to manage domain names under the .fr Top Level Domain. Afnic also manages the .re (Reunion Island), .pm (Saint-Pierre and Miquelon), .tf (French Southern and Antarctic Territories), .wf (Wallis and Futuna) and .yt (Mayotte) French Overseas TLDs.
In addition to managing French TLDs, Afnic’s role is part of a wider public interest mission, which is to contribute on a daily basis, thanks to the efforts of its teams and its members, to a secure and stable internet, open to innovation and in which the French internet community plays a leading role. As part of that mission, Afnic, a non-profit organization, donates 90% of its profits to its Foundation for Digital Solidarity. Afnic is also the back-end registry for the companies as well as local and regional authorities that have chosen to have their own TLD, such as .paris, .bzh, .alsace, .corsica, .mma, .ovh, .leclerc and .sncf.
Established in 1997 and based in Saint-Quentin-en-Yvelines, Afnic currently has 80 employees.