Constantly attentive to its clients, Afnic is developing its SYRELI dispute resolution platform to ensure greater user-friendliness for both the creation and tracking of claims.
What new changes will we see?
- More intuitive ergonomics.
- Claims submission in several stages with the possibility to finalise at a later date.
- Removal of the restrictions on the number of characters in user arguments.
- Introduction of a search engine for rulings issued by Afnic: SYRELI, ADR EXPERT (or PARL EXPERT, in French) and PREDEC.
- Practical assistance for submitting claims and responses via the ‘Tendances PARL’ journal.
- Provision of user guides: How to create a user account, How to submit a claim How to respond to a request.
Afnic is the acronym for Association Française pour le Nommage Internet en Coopération, the French Network Information Centre. The registry has been appointed by the French government to manage domain names under the .fr Top Level Domain. Afnic also manages the .re (Reunion Island), .pm (Saint-Pierre and Miquelon), .tf (French Southern and Antarctic Territories), .wf (Wallis and Futuna) and .yt (Mayotte) French Overseas TLDs.
In addition to managing French TLDs, Afnic’s role is part of a wider public interest mission, which is to contribute on a daily basis, thanks to the efforts of its teams and its members, to a secure and stable internet, open to innovation and in which the French internet community plays a leading role. As part of that mission, Afnic, a non-profit organization, donates 90% of its profits to its Foundation for Digital Solidarity. Afnic is also the back-end registry for the companies as well as local and regional authorities that have chosen to have their own TLD, such as .paris, .bzh, .alsace, .corsica, .mma, .ovh, .leclerc and .sncf.
Established in 1997 and based in Saint-Quentin-en-Yvelines, Afnic currently has 80 employees.