The DNS – Domain Name System – is a distributed database that converts domain names to IP addresses and other technical information. Discover the issues, functioning, actors and main operations associated with the domain name business.
Description and aims of the training course
This training course will enable you to:
- Understand the issues, actors and main operations associated with the domain name business.
- Acquire the knowledge base for operators starting out in the domain name business.
- Oversee organisations working on a daily basis with domain names (registries, registrars, key accounts with DNS infrastructures).
- Manage the main DNS records securely.
Professionals and future professionals in the domain name industry, IT directors/managers, CISO, network and/or system administrators.
The training course is given online via our video conferencing tool.
The link to connect will be sent to you once your registration is finalized.
Final assessment of the training course will be in the form of a multiple-choice questionnaire.
€1,400 excl. tax per participant
For group enrolment, please contact us for a quotation.
DIRECTTE declaration number: 11788446878
Our experts can adapt to your needs and design a custom training course.Contact us for a personalised quotation
Day 1 – Morning: Overview of the domain name industry and the role of the different players
- Functioning of the DNS
- Domain name life cycle
- Managing a domain name stock (provision) – WHOIS, EPP
- Responsibilities and operations carried out by provision players
- Applicable rules, exceptions and required data
- Presentation of the 3R model
- Internet governance
- Frequently encountered problems
Day 1 – Afternoon: Registry functioning
- Role of the registry at the back-end level
- Case study of primary and secondary resolvers, registrars, holders, subdomain, URL
- High-profile cases of failures and malfunctions in domain names
Day 2 – Morning: Practical tools and exercises
- Implementation of monitoring lessons: identification of the chain of responsibility in the event of domain name malfunction
- Advanced use of WHOIS and search engine limits
- Web services and name servers
- Use of DNS Looking Glass
Day 2 – Afternoon: Domain name security and abuse associated with the DNS
- Security services
- Denial of service attacks and solutions
- Domain name hijacking
- Definition of abuse in the DNS
- Other security threats
- Examples of known attacks
Upcoming training sessions
November 2 & 3, 2023
November 30 & December 1, 2023
If anyone participating in the training course has a disability, please contact us on +33 (0)1 39 30 83 59 so we can make suitable arrangements.
Last updated on 13th June 2023