The DNS – Domain Name System – is a distributed database that converts domain names to IP addresses and other technical information.
Description and aims of the training course
This training course will enable you to:
- Understand the issues, actors and main operations associated with the domain name business.
- Acquire the knowledge base for operators starting out in the domain name business.
- Oversee organisations working on a daily basis with domain names (registries, registrars, key accounts with DNS infrastructures).
- Manage the main DNS records securely.
Professionals and future professionals in the domain name industry, IT directors/managers, CISO, network and/or system administrators.
Stéphane Bortzmeyer, Afnic DNS expert
Face-to-face at your offices or remotely.
Find practical information on how to get to our offices.
Final assessment of the training course will be in the form of a multiple-choice questionnaire.
Contact us for a quotation
DIRECTTE declaration numer : 11788446878
Our experts can adapt to your needs and design a custom training email@example.com
Day 1 – Morning: Overview of the domain name industry and the role of the different players
- Functioning of the DNS
- Domain name life cycle
- Managing a domain name stock (provision) – WHOIS, EPP
- Responsibilities and operations carried out by provision players
- Applicable rules, exceptions and required data
- Presentation of the 3R model
- Internet governance
- Frequently encountered problems
Day 1 – Afternoon: Registry functioning
- Role of the registry at the back-end level
- Case study of primary and secondary resolvers, registrars, holders, subdomain, URL
- High-profile cases of failures and malfunctions in domain names
Day 2 – Morning: Practical tools and exercises
- Implementation of monitoring lessons: identification of the chain of responsibility in the event of domain name malfunction
- Advanced use of WHOIS and search engine limits
- Web services and name servers
- Use of DNS Looking Glass
Day 2 – Afternoon: Domain name security and abuse associated with the DNS
- Security services
- Denial of service attacks and solutions
- Domain name hijacking
- Definition of abuse in the DNS
- Other security threats
- Examples of known attacks
24 & 25 novembre 2022
If anyone participating in the training course has a disability, please contact us on +33 (0)1 39 30 83 59 so we can make suitable arrangements.
For more information and dates of upcoming training sessions:
Last updated on 18th January 2022