Afnic has renewed its annual survey on the quality of its services, carried out by the INIT company, in which 85 registrars participated in 2014.
With respect to Afnic’s quality of service and public image, the survey indicated:
- the very high level in the overall satisfaction rating that Afnic continued to receive, which rose from around 8.2/10 in 2013 to 8.3/10 in 2014;
- an overall level of satisfaction which remained at 99% (with a median score of 91% for the sector in general).
Among the major strengths highlighted by the survey, it would seem that Afnic is perceived as an organization that:
- is professional (100% of the respondents agreed on this point);
- can be trusted (99%);
- is efficient (96%).
A number of enhancements eagerly expected by customers were delivered during the year, helping to maintain the high level of satisfaction:
- the introduction of new services, such as fr-Lock, the opening of access to domain names with 1 and 2 characters, multi-year registration, etc.;
- the provision of new tools and new interfaces; setting up a service available 24/7;
- support in the deployment of the new gTLDs technically operated by Afnic.
On June 11, Afnic organized its Registrar Day, an annual event for its French and international registrars. The occasion provided a further opportunity to demonstrate the association’s level of customer focus, and wishes to thank all those who participated in the discussions.
Afnic Registrar Day 2015 – 11/06/2015 – Source Afnic
Afnic is the acronym for Association Française pour le Nommage Internet en Coopération, the French Network Information Centre. The registry has been appointed by the French government to manage domain names under the .fr Top Level Domain. Afnic also manages the .re (Reunion Island), .pm (Saint-Pierre and Miquelon), .tf (French Southern and Antarctic Territories), .wf (Wallis and Futuna) and .yt (Mayotte) French Overseas TLDs.
In addition to managing French TLDs, Afnic’s role is part of a wider public interest mission, which is to contribute on a daily basis, thanks to the efforts of its teams and its members, to a secure and stable internet, open to innovation and in which the French internet community plays a leading role. As part of that mission, Afnic, a non-profit organization, has committed to devoting 11% of its Revenues from managing .fr Top Level Domain to actions of general interest, in particular by transferring €1.3 million each year to the Afnic Foundation for Digital Solidarity.
Afnic is also the back-end registry for the companies as well as local and regional authorities that have chosen to have their own TLD, such as .paris, .bzh, .alsace, .corsica, .mma, .ovh, .leclerc and .sncf.
Established in 1997 and based in Saint-Quentin-en-Yvelines, Afnic currently has nearly 90 employees.