Following the publication of the calls for applications to manage the 11 top-level extensions in the Official Journal of the French Republic on March 20, 2012, AFNIC has announced his candidacy for the extensions in question and has launched its campaign of calls for support.
AFNIC has successfully acted as the Registry for the .fr (France) and operates .re (Reunion Island), .pm (St. Pierre and Miquelon), .tf (French Southern and Antarctic Territories), .wf (Wallis and Futuna) and .yt (Mayotte) TLDs since 1998.
“The association is particularly committed to extending this unbiased approach, giving each category of stakeholder (registrars, users, private and public sectors) a fair place, while promoting sharing and openness in a non-profit environment,” said Jean-Pierre Dardayrol, Chairman of AFNIC. “AFNIC therefore wishes to re-assert its commitment to the French Internet community by applying for the management of the 11 French Internet extensions included in the calls for applications,” he added.
By supporting AFNIC’s project you are:
- Supporting a shared, open and multi-stakeholder approach to the management of critical Internet resources;
- Favoring a non-profit approach to the management of these resources;
- Helping to ensure critical infrastructures in the country are controlled by a domestic market player;
- Supporting French expertise in ICT;
- Ensuring the consistency and continuity of equivalent services in every French territory, including metropolitan France and its overseas territories;
- Promoting a responsible, common approach to all the French Internet extensions in terms of the protection of rights holders, in accordance with the law and in the general interest.
To support its applications, AFNIC is launching a wide-ranging campaign of calls for support, in particular by providing a special website www.je-soutiens-afnic.fr and by scheduling a number of events in metropolitan France and its overseas territories.
Keep track of these initiatives, support us online and don’t hesitate to contact us!
Calls for applications for the management of the extensions published in the Official Journal of the French Republic on March 20, 2012: https://www.entreprises.gouv.fr/fr/industrie-entreprise
Website dedicated to the campaign of calls for support: www.je-soutiens-afnic.fr