Afnic unveiled its new corporate website on 23 March, at the same address: https://www.afnic.fr
This new space has been entirely designed and simplified to best reflect our mission, our expertise, our commitments and our values.
Based on a new graphic design, it offers smoother navigation centred on needs to enable visitors to easily access the services and resources available.
The four main menus notably feature:
- a presentation of the Association, its missions and its commitments;
- information on our products and services;
- a dedicated user support menu (holders, rights holders, future holders) to assist and guide them in registering or monitoring their domain name. This section now has two new features:
- a new directory of Afnic-accredited registrars;
- 100% online dispute resolution procedures;
- a resource hub grouping our different news, studies and expert papers.
We hope you like our new look and that the new website lives up to your expectations.
Afnic is the acronym for Association Française pour le Nommage Internet en Coopération, the French Network Information Centre. The registry has been appointed by the French government to manage domain names under the .fr Top Level Domain. Afnic also manages the .re (Reunion Island), .pm (Saint-Pierre and Miquelon), .tf (French Southern and Antarctic Territories), .wf (Wallis and Futuna) and .yt (Mayotte) French Overseas TLDs.
In addition to managing French TLDs, Afnic’s role is part of a wider public interest mission, which is to contribute on a daily basis, thanks to the efforts of its teams and its members, to a secure and stable internet, open to innovation and in which the French internet community plays a leading role. As part of that mission, Afnic, a non-profit organization, donates 90% of its profits to its Foundation for Digital Solidarity. Afnic is also the back-end registry for the companies as well as local and regional authorities that have chosen to have their own TLD, such as .paris, .bzh, .alsace, .corsica, .mma, .ovh, .leclerc and .sncf.
Established in 1997 and based in Saint-Quentin-en-Yvelines, Afnic currently has 80 employees.