The Afnic Industry Report on Domain Names provides the key figures and trends related to the global domain name market in 2013.
The May edition details the renewal rates as well as their causes and reveals that:
- 40% to 50% of the Top Level Domains (TLDs) renew between 81% and 90% of their stock of domain names every year, while an equivalent proportion renews less than 70%;
- Most of the factors influencing the renewal rate are common to all TLDs: use, age of the domain, reputation and price of the TLD;
- The forthcoming emergence of new TLDs will probably change the current relative stability of renewal rates and require all of the market stakeholders to further develop customer acquisition and retention strategies.
To find out more
- Check out the figures and a complete list of decisive factors affecting renewal rates in the May edition of the Afnic Industry Report on Domain Names in France.
- Check out the previous issues of the Domain Name Industry Report.