Launched on 21 November 2011, Syreli, the Afnic dispute resolution system is doing well: over the past year, Afnic has dealt with 157 cases and handed down 138 decisions. And the number of files from claimants is steadily increasing, as is the diversity of their profiles, which include local authorities, right-holders, individuals, and State departments.
To mark its first anniversary, Afnic is inviting all those concerned to find out more about the main trends behind Syreli decisions. The document provides further information about:
- the various principles stemming from the decisions handed down over the past year and in particular:
– the completeness of the claim file;
– the validity of the Claimant’s reason for acting;
– the agreement of the Holder;
– What the Syreli College means by “bad faith” or the “legitimate interest of the Holder”
- The benchmark decisions resulting from these principles.
To find out more about Syreli:
– Find out more about Syreli (in french version only)
– Find out more about Scope on Syreli, with the key monthly figures for the Syreli procedure
– Find out more about the main trends of the Syreli procedure
Afnic is the acronym for Association Française pour le Nommage Internet en Coopération, the French Network Information Centre. The registry has been appointed by the French government to manage domain names under the .fr Top Level Domain. Afnic also manages the .re (Reunion Island), .pm (Saint-Pierre and Miquelon), .tf (French Southern and Antarctic Territories), .wf (Wallis and Futuna) and .yt (Mayotte) French Overseas TLDs.
In addition to managing French TLDs, Afnic’s role is part of a wider public interest mission, which is to contribute on a daily basis, thanks to the efforts of its teams and its members, to a secure and stable internet, open to innovation and in which the French internet community plays a leading role. As part of that mission, Afnic, a non-profit organization, has committed to devoting 11% of its Revenues from managing .fr Top Level Domain to actions of general interest, in particular by transferring €1.3 million each year to the Afnic Foundation for Digital Solidarity.
Afnic is also the back-end registry for the companies as well as local and regional authorities that have chosen to have their own TLD, such as .paris, .bzh, .alsace, .corsica, .mma, .ovh, .leclerc and .sncf.
Established in 1997 and based in Saint-Quentin-en-Yvelines, Afnic currently has nearly 90 employees.