The old version of the Internet Protocol, IPv4, has been such a success that we are now faced with a shortage of available addresses. This has the effect of heavily penalising new entrants as well as other players who no longer have enough IPv4 addresses. Maintaining IPv4 is also proving more and more costly for businesses.
It is therefore advisable to migrate to the new version of the protocol (IPv6) in order to manage a scalable and extensible pool of IP addresses.
Description and aims of the training course
This training course will enable you to:
- Master the concepts and issues of IPv6
- Understand the key factors for a successful transition to IPv6
- Organise the deployment of IPv6 within your company
System and network administrators, CIOs and deputy CIOs
- Experience in one of the following business lines
- Familiarity with the TCP/IPv4 protocol suite (the reminder of certain functional aspects of IPv4 will be solely for the purpose of comparison as a teaching aid)
Stéphane Bortzmeyer, Afnic DNS & IPv6 Expert
The training course is given online via our video conferencing tool.
The link to connect will be sent to you once your registration is finalized.
Final assessment of the training course will be in the form of a multiple-choice questionnaire.
Contact us for a quotation
DIRECTTE declaration number: 11788446878
Our experts can adapt to your needs and design a custom training course.Contact us for a personalised quotation
- Consequences of IPv4 address exhaustion
- Understanding addressing in IPv6
- Format of IPv6 addresses
- Construction and distribution
- Allocation mechanism
- Role of internet registries
- Understanding the IPv6 protocol
- Format of packages
- Protocols associated with IPv6
- Neighbour discovery
- ICMPv6 control protocol
- Distribution mechanism for DHCPv6 addresses
- How the DNS publishes IPv6 addresses
- Mechanisms for coexistence between IPv4 and IPv6 (and for transition to IPv6)
- Analysis of the various modes of coexistence
- Communication models, classification of mechanisms, deployment scenarios, corresponding transition tools
- Challenges involved in migrating a network and a set of applications
- Check list for a successful transition to IPv6
If anyone participating in the training course has a disability, please contact us on +33 (0)1 39 30 83 59 so we can make suitable arrangements.Please contact us
Last updated on 6th March 2023