This year’s annual Afnic satisfaction survey of Registrars revealed a 98% satisfaction rate with Afnic products and services.
Afnic conducts a satisfaction survey every year to get feedback from its Registrars. Registrars are the service providers (Internet access providers, hosters, web agencies, etc.) in charge of the creation, renewal, transfer, change of holder or deletion of your domain names.
This year, the survey was run online from 9 May to 10 June 2022 and was overseen by the MV2 institute. An accurate barometer, the survey is an important tool in our policy of continuous improvement and operational excellence.
Below are some key figures:
- 98% of respondents say they are satisfied with Afnic services, with a notable increase in entirely satisfied responses up from 63% to 69%, i.e. +6 points compared with 2021.
- The recommendation score remains strong: 93% of respondents would directly recommend Afnic for its products and services.
- Infrastructure quality was also stressed, with a satisfaction rate over 95% for all technical services available.
- 2 key customer relation points stand out in particular:
- 100% of customers are satisfied with Afnic’s helpline service;
- 100% of customers are satisfied with the business relationship with their dedicated account manager.
of customers are satisfied with Afnic’s helpline service and with the business relationship with their dedicated account manager
The aspects concerning the overall perception of Afnic highlight professionalism, trust, performance and social responsibility as important attributes. Worth noting is that Afnic is also seen as inclusive by 98% of respondents (+4 points vs 2021). Lastly, the majority of respondents consider Afnic’s price positioning, customer relations and promotional initiatives to be of higher quality than those of its competitors.
We would like to thank all of the respondents for their valuable feedback, which allows us to construct and adjust our roadmap to best align with their needs.
Afnic is the acronym for Association Française pour le Nommage Internet en Coopération, the French Network Information Centre. The registry has been appointed by the French government to manage domain names under the .fr Top Level Domain. Afnic also manages the .re (Reunion Island), .pm (Saint-Pierre and Miquelon), .tf (French Southern and Antarctic Territories), .wf (Wallis and Futuna) and .yt (Mayotte) French Overseas TLDs.
In addition to managing French TLDs, Afnic’s role is part of a wider public interest mission, which is to contribute on a daily basis, thanks to the efforts of its teams and its members, to a secure and stable internet, open to innovation and in which the French internet community plays a leading role. As part of that mission, Afnic, a non-profit organization, donates 90% of its profits to its Foundation for Digital Solidarity. Afnic is also the back-end registry for the companies as well as local and regional authorities that have chosen to have their own TLD, such as .paris, .bzh, .alsace, .corsica, .mma, .ovh, .leclerc and .sncf.
Established in 1997 and based in Saint-Quentin-en-Yvelines, Afnic currently has 80 employees.