Afnic and the Swedish Internet Foundation are pleased to announce a new release of Zonemaster.
A new version of Zonemaster, the DNS checking tool, is now available for download and installation!
As a reminder, Zonemaster checks DNS servers and zones configuration against a set of tests based on Internet standards and best current practices to determine that they are correct. By running Zonemaster on a given DNS zone, potential issues related to misconfigurations or security mechanisms (such as DNSSEC) are detected, thus helping avoid degradation or entire unreachability of Internet communication services based on that DNS zone.
As always, Zonemaster is also available on https://zonemaster.fr for on-line testing. The release contains the added features and fixes described below. For full information go to the release pages at Github, starting with https://github.com/zonemaster/zonemaster/releases
- Zonemaster-CLI is now available on Docker. Using Docker, Zonemaster-CLI can also be run on Windows and MacOS. Besides Docker, no installation is needed. If you want to try Zonemaster-CLI on Docker, go to https://github.com/zonemaster/zonemaster-cli/blob/master/USING.md
- The test cases of CDS and CDNSKEY has now been completed with test case DNSSEC18. Several other test cases have been updated and improved. Both specification and implementation has been updated. See the Github release pages.
- Visible improvements in GUI. The color setting, error messages and language handling has been improved and to provide a better user interface. Unless you do your own installation, you can check it out on https://zonemaster.fr.
- CentOS has been replaced by Rocky Linux as supported OS. Zonemaster is now only supported on the latest version of each OS, but it can still work on other versions, as well as other Unix type OSs. https://github.com/zonemaster/zonemaster#supported-operating-system-versions
- Deb packages are now available for installation of up to CLI on Debian Linux OS. For Zonemaster CLI installation instructions, go to https://github.com/zonemaster/zonemaster-cli/blob/master/docs/Installation.md#installation-on-debian
- Zonemaster is now available in Spanish. Adds support for and translation to Spanish language. See the release note for Zonemaster-Engine, Zonemaster-CLI, Zonemaster-Backend and Zonemaster-GUI.
If you find any issue with the new release or its documentation, please create a Github issue or send an email about it. Suggestions for improvement are also very welcome. Do not hesitate to create a Github issue for those!
Best wishes for this New Year and happy domain name testing!
Afnic is the acronym for Association Française pour le Nommage Internet en Coopération, the French Network Information Centre. The registry has been appointed by the French government to manage domain names under the .fr Top Level Domain. Afnic also manages the .re (Reunion Island), .pm (Saint-Pierre and Miquelon), .tf (French Southern and Antarctic Territories), .wf (Wallis and Futuna) and .yt (Mayotte) French Overseas TLDs.
In addition to managing French TLDs, Afnic’s role is part of a wider public interest mission, which is to contribute on a daily basis, thanks to the efforts of its teams and its members, to a secure and stable internet, open to innovation and in which the French internet community plays a leading role. As part of that mission, Afnic, a non-profit organization, donates 90% of its profits to its Foundation for Digital Solidarity. Afnic is also the back-end registry for the companies as well as local and regional authorities that have chosen to have their own TLD, such as .paris, .bzh, .alsace, .corsica, .mma, .ovh, .leclerc and .sncf.
Established in 1997 and based in Saint-Quentin-en-Yvelines, Afnic currently has 80 employees.